Module 8: Remediation
Based on the risks that teams identified for their sector-based organization’s infrastructure in Module 7, student teams identify appropriate security controls to mitigate these risks.
Team Activity Objectives
- Describe how risk management techniques control risk.
- List the types of security policies and how these relate to remediation.
- Describe how awareness and training can provide increased security.
- Identify remediation techniques in an ICS network including routers, firewall technology, and tools for configuring firewalls and routers.
- Describe intrusion detection and prevention systems and web-filtering technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and assess vulnerabilities in ICS networks.
- Explain and make recommendations for remediation strategies in an ICS network.
- Describe the hazards (do and don’ts) of the corporate network process vs. ICS network process.
Using the CSET tool reports and identification of gaps in security from Module 7, develop a list of controls to be implemented to close the gaps and mitigate these risks.
Option 1: Write a 2-page abstract summarizing the security controls your team would use to mitigate specific risks, based on the CSET gaps report.
Option 2: Prepare 2–3 presentation slides describing the security controls your team would use to mitigate specific risks, based on the CSET gaps report.
Grading Criteria Rubric
- Evidence of teamwork
- Use of American Psychological Association (APA) style in writing the assignment
Grade Points: 100