Module 4: Advanced Communications
In this section, the student will:
- Demonstrate the coaching process in care navigation
- Demonstrate assisting clients and families with ethical decision making processes
- Demonstrate the communication skills that facilitate client inclusion in health care discussions
- Examine strategies to empower clients to develop goals that are measurable and achievable
- Health Coaching for Patients With Chronic Illness; from Family Practice Management
- Health coaching: Good for Your Patients and Your Practice; from Medical Economics
- Making Ethical Decisions: A 7-Step Path; from UC San Diego
- Link http://blink.ucsd.edu/finance/accountability/ethics/path.html
- The Importance of Communication in Collaborative Decision Making: Facilitating Shared Mind and the Management of Uncertainty; from J Eval Clin Pract. 2011 Aug;17(4):579-84. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2753.2010.01549.x. Epub 2010 Sep 12.
- Shifting from Shared to Collaborative Decision Making: A Change in Thinking and Doing; from J Participat Med. 2010;2:e13.
- Goal Setting for Increased Patient Engagement; from betterpatientengagement.com
- Set and Document Self-Management Goals Collaboratively with Patients Who Have Chronic Conditions; from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.