Module 3: Behavioral Health
In this section, the student will:
- Outline eligibility for publicly funded behavioral health services (Medicaid, SSI, chemical dependency services, etc.) and private resources
- Identify the role of help lines in behavioral health: crisis line, Washington recovery help line, gambling helpline, suicide helpline, etc.
- Describe the referral process from primary care
Medicaid in Washington State
- Eligibility Overview Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) Programs April 2016 available at:
Also see Washington | Medicaid.gov at https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-chip-program-information/by-state/washington.html
- What Is Supplemental Security Income?; from the Social Security Administration
- SSI Eligibility; from the Social Security Administration
- Find Help & Treatment; from SAMHSA.gov
- What do I Need to Know About my Insurance Benefits?; from Mental Health America
- The Center for Consumer Health Choices of Consumers Union has prepared a helpful guidebook “A Consumer Guide to Handling Disputes with your Employer or Private Health Plan“.