Module 4: Advanced Communications
In this section, the student will:
- Develop strategies for creating an environment of learning about valuing, encouraging, and supporting differences among clients and team members
- Analyze client interview data to determine cultural needs
- Describe how culturally sensitive conversations and interviewing strategies reduce social and cultural barriers to care
- Explain processes used to identify, collect, and organize client interview data related to culture
- Community Inclusion Topics and Resources; from Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion of Individuals with Psychiatric Disabilities
- Developing Your Cultural Awareness; from University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business
- A Strategy to Reduce Cross‐cultural Miscommunication and Increase the Likelihood of Improving Health Outcomes; from Academic Medicine:June 2003 – Volume 78 – Issue 6 – p 577–587
- Patient Centeredness, Cultural Competence and Healthcare Quality; from
- Link J Natl Med Assoc. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2010 Feb 18. Published in final edited form as: J Natl Med Assoc. 2008 Nov; 100(11): 1275–1285.
- Link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2824588/
- Doing a Cultural Assessment; from Euromed Info.
- Identification of Nursing Assessment Models/Tools Validated in Clinical Practice for use with Diverse Ethno-Cultural Groups: An Integrative Review of the Literature; from BMC Nurs. 2011; 10: 16. Published online 2011 Aug 3. doi:
- A Treatment Improvement Protocol: Improving Cultural Competence; from SAMHSA.gov