Module 2: Preventative Healthcare
In this section, the student will:
- Differentiate between behavioral risk factors vs risk factors out of client’s control
- Differentiate and describe environmental vs genetic or inherited risk factors
- Describe personal and environmental risk factors that impact overall health
- Identify strategies and tactics to reduce risk
- Describe the role of the navigator in mitigating risk factors
- Understanding Your Risk for Heart Disease; from UCSF Medical Center
- Behavioral Risk Factors; from Health and Behavior: The Interplay of Biological, Behavioral, and Societal Influences.
- Genetic Risk; from Learn.Genetics
- Environmental Risk Factors; from Learn.Genetics
- Identifying Strategies and Tactics for Reducing Risks; from the Community Toolbox
- Injury Prevention & Control : Division of Violence Prevention: Suicide Prevention Strategies; from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Role of Patient Navigators in Eliminating Health Disparities; from Cancer. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2014 Aug 5.