Lesson 3 Introduction to the Substance Use Disorder Treatment System
- Explain theoretical and philosophical differences between Chemical Dependency Treatment and Mental Healthcare fields.
- Define the disease concept.
- Identify common substance use disorders.
- Identify risk factors and signs of addiction, in order to facilitate early detection, intervention, and referral.
- Identify 2 resources for substance use treatment on the continuum of care.
Course Outcomes met in this Lesson
- Describe current systems and referral processes of behavioral health services (e.g., mental health, chemical dependency, domestic violence, suicide, and trauma).
- Identify risk factors and signs of addiction and /or mental illness, in order to facilitate early detection, intervention, and referral.