Special note about data in two lists: You would use this method to compute a weighted average, or to compute one variable statistics when you have data in one list and associated frequencies in another list.
- Input your data using the procedure above, and input the weights/frequencies associated with the data into another list.
- Press STAT, then press the right arrow key to scroll over to the CALC menu.
- Highlight 1-VarStats and press ENTER.
- Input the list in which your data are stored next to “List:” (to do this, press 2nd and one of the numbers 1 through 6).
- Input the list in which the associated weights/frequencies are stored nest to “FreqList:” (to do this, press 2nd and one of the numbers 1 through 6).
- Highlight Calculate and press ENTER. The calculator should now display the desired statistics.