Old Operating System Manual
Special note about linear regression and diagnostics: This process will allow you to compute the values for the linear regression, the correlation coefficient, and the coefficient of determination.
- Make sure you have already turned on your diagnostics, as described above.
- Input the data points into two lists (one for the x-values and one for the y-values) using to the procedure above.
- Press STAT.
- Press the right arrow key to scroll over to the CALC menu.
- Press the down arrow key to scroll down until LinReg(a+bx) is highlighted and press ENTER.
- Press 2nd and a number 1 through six to denote in which list your x-values are stored.
- Press the comma key.
- Press 2nd and a number 1 through 6 to denote in which list your y-values are stored.
- Press ENTER. The calculator should display the desired values.