Old Operating System Manual
- Input the data into two lists (L1 for the x-values and L2 for the y-values, for example), and calculate the linear regression equation, using the procedure above.
- Select another list in which to store the residual values (L3, for example) by using the arrow keys to scroll over and up until the name of the list is highlighted.
- Press 2nd STAT to navigate to the List menu.
- Select the RESID option by scrolling down to it and pressing ENTER.
- Press ENTER again to populate your selected list with the residual values.
Special note about computing residuals
You MUST compute the LinReg for your current set of data before asking the calculator to provide the residuals.