- Identify two resources for mental health treatment on the continuum of care.
- Explain the role of a Behavioral Health Navigator in the field of Mental Health.
- Identify common mental health disorders.
- Recall components of suicide risk assessment (ISPATHWARM or SLAP).
- Describe the primary steps used in the de-escalation of clients.
Course Outcomes met in this Lesson
- Describe current systems and referral processes of mental health services (e.g., mental health, domestic violence, suicide, and trauma).
- Identify risk factors and signs/ symptoms of mental illness, in order to facilitate early detection, intervention, and referral.