- Discuss how culture and ethnic background may impact access to care.
- Describe cultural considerations when working with special populations.
- Identify circumstances requiring mandatory reporting.
- Define term co-occurring disorders.
- Identify common co-morbidities.
- Define health literacy and describe how to evaluate and adjust services to meet the needs of individuals and communities.
Course Outcomes met in this Lesson
- Identify needs of specific behavioral health populations (e.g., children, older adults, and culturally specific communities).
- Identify behavioral health literacy needs for individuals and communities