Unit One: Introduction to Integrated Behavioral & Physical Health Care
Chapter One: The Affordable Care Act & The Plan for a Healthier Washington – Context and the Business Case for Integration
Unit One: Class One
1.1.1. Summarize how the State Health Care Innovative Plan and state laws are affecting health care policies as a part of the Affordable Care Act and the Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 to provide whole person health care approaches.
1.1.2. Compare and contrast the four integration models given by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services as option for state health care authorities for the integration of behavioral health in primary care.
1.1.3. Describe the current plans for the development of the North Sound Accountable Care Organization and Behavioral Health Organization.
- The Behavioral Health Specialist in Primary Care: Skills for Integrated Practice: Chapter 1; pgs 1-18
- State Options for Integrating Physical and Behavioral Health Care, Integrated Care Resource Center;
- Washington State, Health Care Authority, “Innovation Plan Executive Summary [PDF]“, pp: i-v.
- The Business Case For Effective Mental Health Treatment – National Council for Behavioral Health;
- Medicaid.gov and CMS.gov (for definitions of ACO, MCO, and other innovative grant programs)
- National Council for Behavioral Health. The Business Case for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment, 2015 (two separate short reports).
- WA State DSHS Behavioral Health Organizations Overview
- Link: http://www.nsmha.org/BHO/PDFs/BHO_Overview.pdf
- STATE OF WASHINGTON ACCESS TO CARE STANDARDS, for Behavioral Health Organizations
- Link: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/BHSIA/dbh/Mental%20Health/ACS_201602.0.pdf
- Accountable Communities of Health, Fact Sheet [PDF]. WA State Health Care Authority.
- Accountable Communities of Health Regional Priorities. WA State Health Care Authority.
- Considerations for Integrating Behavioral Health Services within Medicaid Accountable Care Organizations– Centers for Healthcare Strategies, Inc.;