Unit Five: Care Coordination, Collaboration, & Teamwork
Chapter 21: Models for collaboration, goal setting, and interoffice procedures
Unit Five: Class One
5.1.1. Explain the key components of a collaborative care team plan to ensure effective collaborations and the importance of a unified vision for Collaborative Care for your organization.
5.1.2. Describe Collaborative Care’s key tasks, including patient engagement and identification, treatment initiation, outcome tracking, treatment adjustment and relapse prevention.
5.1.3. Discuss how institutions can plan for funding, space, human resource, and other administrative needs.
5.1.4. Describe management strategies to monitor patient enrollment and tracking of patients in a registry.
5.1.5. Describe the TeamSTEPPS approach to working as a collaborative team, goal setting, and interpersonal communication.
Reading Assignments & Videos
- Mitchell, et all, 2012. Core Principles & Values of Effective Team-Based Health Care Homes: A Qualitative Study; National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and Institute of Medicine (IOM). Link: https://www.nationalahec.org/pdfs/vsrt-team-based-care-principles-values.pdf
- The Current State of Sharing Behavioral Health Information in Health Information Exchanges, SAMHSA; pgs 6-12
Optional Online Videos:
- Module 6: Challenging Cases & Psychiatric Consultation (3videos, range 5min-40min)
- Module 11: Implementation Lessons from the Real World (6 videos, range 11min- 2hr 8min)
- Module 12: Planning Implementation (3 videos, 10min- 1hr)