Unit Three: Screening Tools and Procedures
Chapter 12: Screening Tools & Measuring Outcomes in Primary Care
Unit Three: Class Two
3.2.1. List screening tools and guidelines to identify chronic conditions.
3.2.2. Explain how the results are documented in the electronic health record for communication, monitoring care, and outcome analysis (intra/inter-office, state and local registries).
3.2.3. Summarize the importance of screening tools as a measure of health, measure of results, and standards in care.
3.2.4. List the pros and cons of three screening tools.
3.2.5. Explain how you might utilize support staff of team members to administer, chart the results, and/or coordinate care.
- Diabetes Management – Chapter 4, pgs 73-101;
- Cardiac Disease and Behavioral Health – Chapter 5, pgs 109-126;
- Disordered Sleep – Chapter 7, pgs 161-179
- Management of Leading Risk Factors For Cardiovascular Disease – Chapter 10, pgs 217-252
Optional Online Article:
- eCHAT for Lifestyle and Mental Health Screening in Primary Care; Department of General Practice & Primary Health Care, Faculty of Medicine & Health Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand